5 ways to give back to your community this holiday season.
- Donate food–Take this opportunity to clean out your pantry of any canned or non-perishable items that your family does not need — or fill a shopping cart with canned goods and bring them to your local food bank. Not sure where that is at? Click the link below to find your local food bank.
- Adopt a pet–Maybe you cannot adopt a pet, but you can donate your time at a local animal shelter. Whether it’s walking dogs, socializing cats, or even just donating items that they may need.
- Adopt a “Grand-Friend”–Volunteer at your local senior center and spend some time with an older person that may not have family near them around the holidays.
- Become a “Santa”–Donate gifts for kids from families that may not be able to provide Christmas gifts. You can also donate to Toys for Tots Foundation.
- Grow and Rebuild–Plant a community garden in your neighborhood. Or you can help rebuild your community by volunteering for Habitat for Humanity.